Mountain Gorilla Families of Uganda, the Habituated Gorilla Groups
Meet the Habituated Gorilla Groups of Uganda
Buhoma Area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Mubare Group: this Mubare group the habituation started in 1991 and this group received its very first tracking visitors in 1993.
- Habinyanja Group Was in 1997 habituated for tracking and received tourists in the year 1999.
- Rushegura Group: was in 2000 habituated for tracking and received tourists in the year 2002.
- Ruhija region of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest – habitat of the Bitukura Gorilla group
- Bitukura Group: is among of the newest groups in Bwindi Forest.
- Mishaya Group this Split from the then biggest Gorilla Group in Bwindi Forest the Nshongi Gorilla Family
- Nshongi Group: the biggest habituated gorilla family in Uganda with 25 members
- Nkuringo Group