3 Days Gorilla Safari Uganda | 3 days Gorilla Trekking Tour Uganda in Bwindi Impenetrable |3 Days Gorilla trekking Bwindi Impenetrable Forest | 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari | 3 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda| 3 Days Gorilla Tracking
The Uganda safari takes you to the world of mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable forest National Park in south western Uganda taking 3 days filled with adventure, sight seeing of the Uganda landscape, the rural life, the vegetation in Uganda among others.
Bwindi impenetrable national park has over half of the mountain gorilla population in the world with 12 Gorilla families habituated for trekking in the various sectors of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park the best safari destination in Africa.
Bwindi impenetrable is in south western Uganda covering over 321 Square. Kilometers and standing 1,160 meters above sea level in addition to this, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park has the bigets Afro montane forest in east Africa covering 32,092 which is very rich in lots of species of fauna and flora with the boi diversity includes 163 tree species, 140 Species of ferns and taxa and the park has 16 flora Species that are exclusively found in the forest like the threatened species worldwide of Lavoa swynnertonii.
The Birds species in Bwindi impenetrable forest are so enormous with 350 bird species registered in the forest with 23 species endemic to the Albertine rift like the Handsome Francolin, Cinnamon Chested Bee Eater, Collared Apalis, African Broadbill, and the Western Green Tinkerbird among others
The forest is also rich in primates with 7 species primates like the chimpanzee, l’Hoest’s monkey , blue monkey amoung others and the forest has over 120 mamal species and 202 beautiful butterfly Species this is a great Gem for the butterfly lovers .
Bwindi is not only the home to one endengeared species its famous for the mountain gorills , but is home to 9 species threatened by extinction like l’Hoest’s monkey, the mountain gorilla, common chimpanzee, Chaplin’s flycatcher, African giant swallowtail, African green broadbill, cream-banded swallowtail , Grauer’s rush warbler, and African elephant.
Bwindi impenetrable National Park has 4 Gorilla trekking sectors which are Buhoma sector where you can find the gorilla families of Habinyaja, Mubare and Rushegura. Ruhija sector home to 3 gorilla families of Bitukura, Oruzogo, and Kyagurliro. Rushaga sector has 5 gorilla families of Nshongi, Bweza, Mishaya, Busingye and Kahungye and the Nkuringo sector has the Nkuringo Gorilla family all habituated you can book a gorilla habituation experience with us to spend 4 hours with the primates with trekkers divided in groups of 8 only to trek each family of the primates in the various sectors of the national park.
The gorilla trekking permits are highly sought after commodity on the African continent please book your safari in advance 3 to 6 months to the trekking date to guarantee your spot on the trekking adventure in the forest with the gorilla trekking permit in Uganda costing $600 for one hour upclose and personal with the primates and $1600 for Gorilla Habituation Experience in the forest
Highlights 3 days Gorilla Trekking tour Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
Day 1 Transfer from Kampala to Bwindi impenetrable national park.
We start of transfer from Kampala to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park you will have a view of the ugandas rural life and plantations of bananas and coffee stoping at the equator in Kayabwe to buy sulvenirs and photo opportunities in Kayabwe with an enroute lunch around the arriving late in the evening a journey that lasts over 7 hours.
Day 2 Gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable forest National Park Uganda.
We carry out the montain gorilla Tracking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest be very mindfull of the gorilla trekking rules are given by the rangers and be mindfull of what to wear when gorilla trekking we later have a in the evening have a Batwa Cultural Experience .
Day 3: Transfer to Kampala:
Detailed Itinerary of 3 days Gorilla tracking tour Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
Day 1 3 days Gorilla tracking tour Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
Day 1: Kampala to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
After Breakfast, you will be picked up by our tour guide driver to start your 3 days gorilla trekking tour of Bwindi impenetrable forest national park 527 kilometers from Kampala a journey that lasts over 9 hours reaching the magnificent forest late in the afternoon. We stop over at the equator in Kayabwe to take photos and buy Souvenir.
We later have an en-route lunch in Mbarara at the Igongo Cultural Center this is an opportunity to have the local cuisine we later continue to Bwindi through the beautiful Kigezi Highlands you will be able to marvel on the terraces in the farms and the place is sometimes referred to as the Switzerland of Africa, you will also see tea plantations we drive through Ishasaha you will get chance to see tree climbing lions and elephants in queen Elizabeth national park we pass through Kihihi-Butogota town we later reach Buhoma where we check in to the reserved lodge .
DAY 2 : Trekking Gorilla Tour in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest national park
After early breakfast, at 6:00 am we setoff to assemble to the briefing point point to begin the gorilla trekking tour that starts at 8:00 Am here we shall be reminded of the trekking rules you will have to adhere to them and this is for your safety and that of the mountain gorilla you will be given packed snacks by the lodge you will sleep in for lunch in the jungle , walking sticks will be provided,you will carry drinking water‚ check what to wear during gorilla trekking guide to help you plan how you dress for the adventure and the trekking lasts from 1 hour to 4 hours to find the gorilla families you are assigned to in the forest we later return to have the Batwa pygmies experience.
Please this is a quick run down of the Gorilla tracking guidelines/ trekking rules
• No person under 15 years is allowed to track gorillas parents planning to come for mountain gorilla trekking safari with children below 15 we organize other activities children will be engaged in as the over 15 year olds go primate trekking the children will track other primates like chimpanzees
•Smoking and drinking within the200 metres from the primates is not allowed.
• stay 7 meters away from the Mountain Gorillas.
Switch off your camera flash.
• Loud noise, loud talking and sudden movements are not allowed they can startle the giant primates and cause them to defend them selves from a perceived attack.
• People with diseases that can be passed to the mountain gorillas like Flu, Diarrhoea and cough are not allowed to track the primates.
• Stay in the group always.
· Please check what to wear during gorilla trekking and the high light are Comfortable Walking shoes or Boots because Bwindi impenetrable forest National Park is sometimes slippery.
· Wear long sleeve clothing because it sometimes it gets cold in the forest.
· Avoid bright clothing they attract insects.
· Carry an Insect repellent to keep them away.
· Wear long trousers to protect your legs from scratches from the undergrowth in the forest
· You will encounter quite a number of birds the park is rich in many species carry your Binoculars to see them clearly.
· A great Zooming Camera to capture all these experiences.
Other Activities you can involve in on this day are
Mountain Biking in Bwindi
You will have a chance explore the terrain and the surrounding of the national park
Bird Watching in Bwindi forest
Bwindi impenetrable national park has over 500 birds species and some endemic to the area are Ruwenzori Nightjar, Grauer’s Warbler, Handsome Francolin, Red-faced Woodland Warbler,Short-tailed Warbler, Red-throated Alethe, Mountain Masked Apalis,Archer’s Robin-Chat,Dawrf Honey guide, Regal Sunbird, African Green Broadbill, ,Dusky Collared Apalis, Shelley’s Crimsonwing, Crimsonwing,RwenzoriBatis, Strip-breasted Tit, Yellow-eyed Black Flycatcher, Strip-breasted Tit,Kivu Ground Thrush, and the Strange Weaver, Blue-headed Sunbird,Grauer’s Rush Warbler, Purple-breasted Sunbird,RwenzoriTuraco amoung others .
• Nature Walking trails in Bwindi
Sectors in bwindi impenetrable national park where you can trek the mountain gorillas
- Buhoma Sector
- Nkuringo Sector
- Ruhija Sector
- Rushaga Sector
Day 3: Transfer from Bwindi Forest Gorilla Tracking Park to Kampala
After breakfast, we embark on the journey to Kampala Uganda capital and we drive through the highlands of Kigezi you will have a chance to enjoy the landscape and banana plantations, the long horned Uganda cows with horns bigger than elephant tasks, and the rural life in Uganda among others .
We later stop at Igongo Cultural Center for lunch we later proceed to the equator for the photo opportunity and stocking up on sulvniour we proceed to Kampala or Entebbe airport so you can catch your flight to your destination.
Hotels or Lodges in Bwindi National Park.
- Buhoma Community Rest Camp located in Buhoma Sector.
- Gorilla Safari Lodge located in Nkuringo Sector.
- Clouds Lodge located in Nkuringo Section.
- Haven’s lodge located in Buhoma Sector.
- Trekkers Tavern & Gorilla Mist Camp located in Ruhija Sector
- Rushaga gorilla Camp located in Rushaga Sector.
- Silverback Lodge located in Buhoma Section Sector.
- Nkuringo Gorilla Camp located in Nkuringo Section Sector.
What is included in your 3 days gorilla trekking safari tour in Bwindi impenetrable national park package?
- A Gorilla tracking Permit $600 per Person for 1 hour with the mountain gorilla and $1500 for Gorilla Habituation Experience Permit giving you 4 hours with the mountain Gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park.
- Bottled water and all meals
- English Speaking Guide driver in a 4 by 4 safari van or land cruiser.
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Accommodation on Safari
- Professional English Speaking driver guide translators for other foreign languages can be arranged.
- Entrance fees to parks
- Activity fees on all activities mentioned
What is excluded in your 3 days gorillas’ safari:
- All Alcoholic drinks from lodges.
- Laundry Services
- International Flights
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
Book your 3 Days Gorilla Tracking Uganda safari with the Gorilla Tracking Uganda company